|An FMNP final project- working together to find solutions to environmental problems|
After graduating from these initial classes, students have:
- joined our nature center non-profit board
- created their own non-profit with a focus on frogs and potable water
- operate a monthly children's program aimed at getting kids outdoors and learning about the environment
- developed exhibits for the nature center
- contributed to quarterly Camp Bayou newsletter
- volunteered for cleanups, special outreach events and restoration projects
- gave guided walk/talks to children and adults to spread the word about the benefits of native plants in our landscapes
plus many more possibilities that are in the works.
The goal of these classes is not just to learn about these subjects for yourself, but to share what you've learned with others in meaningful ways to continue bringing environmental awareness to everyone that visits or resides in Florida. Maybe one day, everyone will understand that we are all connected to the natural world around us and that what we do has consequences now and for our future.
Pictured: One of the final projects from the most recent coastal module FMNP class.