|Notice from Janet Zicht who is working on her Girl Scout Gold Award Project:|
"Linking to the Land-Going for the Gold"
Event: In association with National Public Lands Day; with an emphasis on water conservation and the use of
Who: Open to the Public, Families, Scout Troops, and anyone needing volunteer service hours are welcome!
National Public Lands Day is fun for ALL ages!
Event director: Janet Zicht-Ambassador Girl Scout Troop 966
Sunset Scouts Service Unit of Girl Scouts of West
Contact: If you have any questions or concerns please email me at email@example.com.
When: Saturday, September 27, 2008 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
Event will be held rain or shine.
How you can help:
Please join me on Sept. 27, 2008 for National Public Lands Day, at
Volunteers are invited to assist in various beautification efforts at camp which may include the following:
· Litter and debris removal
· Reducing the volume of invasive plants that threaten fragile natives
· Trail maintenance
· Other environmental beautification and conservation activities
Family-oriented and children activities centered on nature and water conservation.
· Games and hands-on activities from pre-school age thru adults.
· Clinic on the use of
· "Goodie Bags" of eco-related items for all participants
· Eco-related literature will be available for distribution
How to register for this event:
1) Primary Contact Name, address, phone#, email address
2) Number and ages of participants
3) Group/Organization Name (ie: Scout Troop#/ age level) if applicable
4) Anyone interested in facilitating children activities and supervising park beautification activities, organizational meetings will be held in early September. Please provide contact information so additional information can be provided.
5) All volunteers will be asked to fill out a liability form through the county to participate in park beautification efforts. This form will require parent/guardian signature for anyone under 18.
Deadline to Register for Event: September 17, 2008
Prior registration for this event will enable us to provide the liability form and additional details relating to the event. It will also enable us to have adequate supplies the day of the event.
Purpose of Event
I am working on my Girl Scout Gold Award Project and my goals are to promote Florida Eco-Friendly Landscaping Techniques through the use of native plants and to promote water conservation efforts. I'm partnering with
What is National Public Lands Day?
It's the Nation's largest volunteer event held annually across the country that benefits
What does this mean for Girl Scouts?
This is the 5th year; GSUSA is linking formally with National Public Lands Day where Girl Scouts can participate in the Linking Girls to the Land Program (LGTTL). Through partnerships with federal and local natural resource agencies and LGTTL program, Girl Scouts can earn "Get With The Land Patch." Their partnership works towards giving every Girl Scout an opportunity to participate in conservation and outdoor programs. Go to the Linking Girls to the Land website at www.epa.gov/linkinggirls.com to learn more about the program.